After upgrading to iOS 7, customers discovered that their Google Calendars aren’t exhibiting up on the inventory Calendar app. At first, it was regarded as a server-side challenge but it surely seems that you’ll have to discover a repair for the sync challenge your self.
Luckily, the repair isn’t all that large. After you improve your iDevice to iOS 7.x, you simply should ensure you re-add the Gmail account. However you have to additionally just remember to get a number of issues proper. Right here’s all about syncing Google Calendars to iOS 7 (on iPhone and iPad) and fixing points that you simply would possibly face in the course of the course of.
HOW TO SYNC GOOGLE CALENDARS
- Open the Settings app
- Faucet on Mail, Contact & Calendars
- When you have added your Gmail account to iOS already, faucet on it underneath Accounts
- Flip ON the change for Calendar.
- When you have not added your Gmail account, underneath Accounts, faucet on Add Account…
- Choose Google.
- Now, enter the main points (username, password and a reputation). That is essential: for those who use a 2-step verification, you have to enter an application-specific password as a substitute of the standard password.
- Subsequent up, as soon as your account has been verified by the server, you may be given the choice to activate sync for Mail, Calendars and Notes. Ensure you activate the change for Calendars right here.
- That’s about it.
That sounded straightforward. It’s however for those who did all of that on iOS 6 after which upgraded to iOS 7, you in all probability had all Google Calendars eliminated out of your app. I haven’t been in a position to determine the “why” of it however the repair for this downside is fairly easy and straight-forward. Right here’s the way it goes:
- Go to Settings → Mail, Contact & Calendar
- Beneath Accounts, faucet on the Gmail account.
- Proper on the backside, you have got Delete Account. Faucet that.
- Delete the account utterly.
- Now, comply with the primary batch of steps to re-add your Gmail account.
In case you used Alternate or CalDAV accounts so as to add calendars, issues have modified and so errors are fairly frequent. The truth is, a lot of the sync points crop from accounts the place Alternate or CalDAV was used so as to add the Calendar (or account).
Yet one more factor that you have to do is go to Google Mobile Sync (out of your iPhone or iPad) after which from right here, choose all calendars that you really want synced together with your Calendar app. Mainly, it’s important to inform Google what calendars you wish to open up for iOS. Then, proceed with the steps above to repair all sync points.